I’ll give you the short version first and then go into a much longer, more detailed explaination.
First, the short version:
- Except for Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and a few others, NONE of the people elected to represent America in Washington has the people in mind. They ran their campaigns with lies and empty promises to get where they are.
- Almost all politicians run with one or two policies in mind. When forced to deal with something outside their focus, that’s when things get complicated. Unfortunately for us.
- The National News Media–or as I’ve started calling them in the last year, Government Media–and I mean CNN, MSNBC and Fox News control the audience. NO ONE can run for Congress or President and expect to win without being “approved” by one or all three news outlets. That’s just the way it is.
- MSNBC is backed by the Left (Democratic Party), Fox News is backed by the Right (Republican Party) and CNN, which likes to say it’s politically neutral is clearly Leftist.
- Speaking of Fox News: It’s a WELL-KNOWN FACT the news outlet LIES on everything and not just politics. Everything they say should be taken with a grain of salt as chances are good what they say is both biased and untrue. If you believe what they say at face value, you’re a fool.
- On that note: Anyone who takes ANYTHING reported on the news as fact is also a fool. Those who follow me on Facebook knows I fact-check every big story CNN covers for inaccuracies. They prettymuch demanded it with their company tagline “Keeping them honest”. Well, I’m keeping CNN honest when they run with their biased and forceful interviewing tactics. I actually started doing it during their coverage of the manhunt in Boston after the Matathon Bombings two years ago.
Before I get into the long version, I do want to reiterate what I’ve said to folks in person about looking into pursing a career in journalism. I feel there’s been too much focus on national news over the last 20 years and as a consequence, local news coverage has fallen by the wayside. This is especially true with the American Media when it comes to covering Politics, Acts of Violence/War/Mass Shootings and more recently, The New Civil Rights movement. As I said in a recent blog post, Fox News has declared war against Black Lives Matter so…yeah. The National Media in general is as corrupt as Politicians and more shameless than GOP Presidential Candidates. Everything they do is for the sole purpose of sensationalism for the sake of ratings and sponsors.
…This brings me to FAIR, which stands for Fairness and Accuracy In Reporting. Click the picture to go to their website. This nonprofit company has been fighting the good fight against the media’s biased reporting since 1986. The national media has proven it can’t be trusted to tell the uncensored truth so I will fact-check with FAIR on every story. FAIR actually calls out biased reporting as they happen and actually names and shames the offending media outlet. They also correct the faulty reporting at the same time.
In a recent article for example, the media’s push to make Presidential Candidare Bernie Sanders go away has been ramping up. They’re all using every trick they can think of to turn the public against him. Another example is the bombing of that hospital in Afghanistan. First, they blamed it on Russia and the Taliban. Later in the same day, they said the U.S. was investigating the incident. Finally, they said the U.S. was being blamed for it. All in the same day.
Care to guess which one was actually true? Yep, the last one. President Obama called Doctors Without Boarders to personally apologize, in fact. Based on the info released by the non-profit group, there was simply no way it was an accident or The Pentagon did not know where it was. Alligations enemy combatants were firing at U.S. Allies from the hospital were also proven false. This was a deliberate attack on a civillian hospital and as usual, the U.S. Media got caught trying to help cover something up.
For far too long, the the national media has been allowed to run free and unregulated. FAIR is the only organization that is actually “Keeping Them Honest”–take THAT, CNN!–and they’re only barely staying relevant. My time off from work for 5 months this year opened my eyes to the deliberate misinformation and half-truths CNN pushes out every day. The funny thing is my Critical Thinking professor said as much about the network 6 years ago. I didn’t believe him until this past summer. It’s a shame when every major American news outlet needs to be fact-checked every day. This is what FAIR does.
I have been talking about the media needing to be held accountable for biased reporting for two years now. I was thrilled when I found out there actually are people who have been doing this for decades so…yeah. The national media is the only entity that is allowed to get away with biased, dishonest reporting.
That needs to change.