That’s the conclusion I came to after the last few years. Last week’s Democratic Debate was another nail in the coffin. CNN’s not even trying to hide the fact that they’re backing Hillary Clinton anymore. It really is shameful when you literally have these media outlets literally telling people to ignore the truth and listen to them.
It reminds me of the motives of Persona 4’s true villain, Izanami: She created the Midnight Channel to provide the means for mankind to see what they wanted to see and in the way they wanted to see it. The fog in the TV World is used to distort the truth and reality so that only what a person wants is ever present. A false reality, in other words.
The Shadow versions of the characters in Persona 4 were the physical manifestations of thir true selves: The selves they don’t want others to know exists. To face your Shadow means to face that aspects of yourself that you are but don’t want to admit is a part of who you are as a person. When you overcome your Shadow, you accept the undesirable aspects of yourself, which then becomes a Persona that you can use to help you.
In the example I just used, CNN/Fox News/MSNBC are Fog. The billionaires who own them are Izanami and their programming is The Midnight Channel. Thanks to Social Media–The Persona in this case–we have the power to expose the lies, false pretenses and distortions perpetuated by Corporate Media.
It is why I made this blog in particular my first blog on WordPress. Contrary to what the Journalism Industry may want you to think, you don’t need to be a professional journalist to be a journalist. All you need is a medium through which to share knowledge. Of course, this isn’t the first time I’m referenced Persona 4 in this blog. It probably won’t be the last, either =D
Moving on, the national media is guilty of twisting the truth on more than a few things. Too many to list here, in fact. Here’s a few to get you thinking:
- Most recently, CNN’s pundits said Hillary Clinton won last week’s debate. Everyone else not only said Bernie Sanders did but overewhelmingly provided the data to prove it.
- Fox News’ Bill O’Rielley announced in August that he is making it his personal mission to destroy Black Lives Matters. Why? Because they’ve been educating the public on why watching their network is bad for their health.
- Within hours of the hospital bombing in Afghanistan, everyone blamed it on terrorists. FAIR was the first to blow the whistle on that fiction: Not only did the U.S. know it was there but they also knew it was a hospital. Within a few days of the truth being spread all over Social Media, President Obama called the President of Doctors Without Boarders to apologize for the bombing.
- During the conflict in Gaza City last year, the media said Palestinian Terrorists were attacking civillians. CNN got it right for once and did a story on Israeli soldiers being ordered to kill Palestinian civillians. Why? Because Israel’s Prime Minister said “all Palestinians are fair game” even if they have Israeli citizenship.
- Disgraced Clerk Kim Davis was portrayed by Fox News as the posterchild of their tagline “Religion Under Attack in America”. She gained notariety for refusing to issue marriage licenses to same sex couples despite the Supreme Court decision earlier this year. Then the Hacktivist group Anonymous released information about her five divorces. The Westboro Baptist Church recently announced they will protest outside her job.
- This has been said to death since 2007 but The “War on Terroism” in the middle east is not America’s Longest War. The honor goes to The Korean War (1952-Present), which technically never ended. If you want to talk wars that ended, then the title goes to the Vietnam War (1958-1975).
- I mentioned this alot two years back then but during the Boston Marathon Bombing’s investigation, it was called Boston’s 9/11 by Fox News. The problem with that is on 9/11, both of the planes that hit the World Trade Center departed from Boston’s Logan Airport. Whoops!
- Speaking of the Boston Marathon Bombing: The same day of the bombing, there were two shootings in Boston and 4 people were killed. The media ignored both despite the possability they could have been connected to the bombing investigation.
Look, everyone’s entitled to their opinion. The problem with the media is its’ supposed to be impartial regardless of who’s paying them. They have all these political experts come on just to give the illiusion of impartiality when in fact, it’s always folks who will serve THEIR interests. They’ve shown time and time again an unwillingness to go after their own in the name of truth and honesty. They don’t even bother doing editorial corrections like they used to anymore.
This is why I say in no uncertain terms the media can no longer be trusted to tell the truth. If you take what they say ar face value, you’re a fool. I don’t mean everything across the board: I mean things that really matter. We already congressmen are owned by companies and billionaires.
So is the national media.
Social Media can’t be bought or bribed. Sure, millionaires may own the websites but you can’t put a price on the unfiltered truth.
I see now why so many celebrities go out of their way to keep the media at arms-length. They do more harm than good in the end.